Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Kira's NEW BED, Karate and Dance!!!

So there's been a LOT of things going on here the last 2 days! First off as most of you read my previous post about Kira learning how to climb out of her crib last night! We went out today and got her a "BIG GIRL" bed! What a busy day we had. Anyhow, here is her crib right before Vic took it apart.....(sniff, sniff).

Here's the kids playing in Kira's new bed tonight! They both had been with my parents pretty much all day so we could run errands and get stuff done. When I brought her home to see her new bed she walked in and turned right around and walked out! LOL! I thought, "Oh no"! It actually turned out fine because they both wanted to help us put the sheets on the bed. I guess it does help to have an older sibling.

Sound ASLEEP! I hope I am not jinxing myself but tonight was really EASY! LOL! It was time for bed so I read her her 2 favorite books and laid in bed with her for about 10 minutes scratching her back. Then I told her I needed a drink and would be back (mean I know). She stayed in her bed for a good 10-15 minutes then got up. I met her at her door, put her back in her bed and said for her to stay in bed, go to sleep and I'll see her tomorrow. She did stay in bed for about 20 minutes more and then I saw her on the video monitor grabbing her doll and her sippy cup and getting out of bed. I intercepted her before she even got to her door. I just put her back in bed, said stay in bed and I'll see her tomorrow. After that I didn't hear a peep from her nor did she get out of bed. She fell asleep herself as usual, YEAH!!! Hopefully my wonderful sleeper will continue to be a wonderful sleeper!!! Wish us luck!

Logan had his first Karate class this afternoon. Man was he super cute when I put his outfit on! He joined right in and had a blast! He listened well and followed his Sensei's (sp) directions. I think this will be a great thing for him to learn.... discipline, respect etc.

Kira's been doing really good in her Ballet/Tap class. I swear, the little girls are so cute but obviously I think mine is the CUTEST EVER, LOL! It was so funny because near the end of class she just stopped what she was doing, walked over to me, sat down next to me on the bench and said, "Mommy go dance, I watch". I just started laughing.... I guess she thought she needed a break?!?

3 comments:

Lindz said...

Kira is such the cutest little dancer EVER!! And Logan looks like a little "Karate Kid". And Kira's new bed is SO cute...what a BIG girl! I can't believe she did so well on her first night!! Ayden was the same way...hoepfully every night is like that for you!! =)

Photography by Yvonne said...

You're so lucky Carrie! I still can't get my 4 year old in her bed!!! lol
Kira's new bed is so cute! Logan looks handsome like always in his karate suit =)

Kristy said...

Aww....that post made ME sad! Ha! The one of her asleep reminds me of Tyler when she first got her new big girl bed. It's such a big step for them! Looks like Kira did well!!