Monday, February 2, 2009

Time for a New Bed! NOW!

So last month we had been contemplating getting Kira a "BIG GIRL" bed. Today we actually had planned on just going to the place and buying it but then didn't have a truck to borrow to transport it. Too bad because of all days she figured how to climb out of her crib tonight!!!

I put her to bed her normal way and happen to leave the door open a crack because she wanted me to go get her some milk. I went downstairs meaning to get her milk but then got side-tracked and started cooking a late dinner for Vic and I. When dinner was about to be done I went up stairs to get something and noticed her bedroom door was wide open. I peeked in and didn't see any BODY inside the crib so I turned on the light and she was GONE! Where the heck did she go and HOW?!? I went into my bedroom and found her laying in my bed watching TV with Logan! It was totally SHOCKING but funny at the same time! I seriously could not believe it. We put her back in her crib and told her to show us how she climbed out. She did it again! It wasn't graceful at all, actually it was pretty scary! I don't want her falling out and breaking a bone or her neck! So I got her milk, put her back to sleep and honestly believed that was going to be it. Well was I wrong, shortly after we heard a "KABOOM" and ran up the stairs. She was crying because I am sure her fall wasn't a soft one and because she couldn't open her bedroom door. She told me she was AWAKE and wanted to watch TV with her brother. Keep in mind it's now after 8pm and this is not normal for her as she is my BEST sleeper ever and usually goes to bed around 6pm or so! Right now as I am writing this I am freaking out about what tonight is going to be like, LOL! I guess we are off tomorrow to go get her a "BIG GIRL" bed! I think I will cry!

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Just when we think, 'thank goodness so-n-so doesn't know how to do that,' we end up eating our words. Always happens that way. I'm scared to say it b/c I don't want ot jinx myself, but Ella has been quite the climber lately! She climbs more than she walks- what a monkey!
But good luck with that! And have fun picking out a Big Girl Bed! Ahh... I'd cry too. :( Maybe you should just have another one! :)

Craig and Angela said...

No more babies for you! AWE! SAD! I hopefully she is easy and doesn't change her sleeping pattern like James! AGH!

Lindz said...

Oh my gosh!! How funny!! I lov that she was just hanging out with Logan watching TV. Well, I know you were thinking about it, so I guess you are kind of forced into doing it!! Hopefully thi isn't the end of her great sleeping days!! Good luck...can't wait to see her big girl bed!! =)